Campbell Biology continues to provide Australian and New Zealand students and lecturers clear and engaging content, innovative art and photos, plus, fully integrated media resources to enhance teaching and learning.
To engage students in developing a deeper understanding of biology, this edition challenges them to apply their knowledge and skills to a variety of new hands-on activities and exercises in the text and online.
Content updates throughout the text reflect rapidly evolving research, and new learning tools include Problem-Solving Exercises, Visualising Figures, Visual Skills Questions, and more.
- Each chapter is organised around a framework of 3 to 7 Key Concepts that focus on the big picture and provide a context for supporting details
- Concept Check questions throughout the chapter encourage students to read the text actively.
- What If? Questions ask students to apply what they’ve learned.
- Make Connections Questions ask students to relate content in the chapter to material presented earlier in the course.
- Summary of Key Concepts refocuses students on the main points of the chapter.
- Evolution, the fundamental theme of biology, is emphasised throughout. Every chapter has a section explicitly relating the chapter content to evolution
- Make Connections Figures pull together content from different chapters, providing a visual representation of big picture relationships.
- Make Connections Questions in every chapter ask students to relate content in the chapter to material presented earlier in the course.
- Scientific Skills exercises use real data to build key skills needed for biology, including data analysis, graphing, experimental design, and math skills.
Find out more at Booktopia